Sunday, December 15, 2013

This is how good God is

Last Saturday afternoon, my husband called me to the backyard to see this little blue parakeet, who obviously had gotten lost from his home.  

It was cold and I was PANICKED.  'Oh, Lord, please please please please please don't let that little guy freeze to death please please please please or let us catch him please please please please.'  

I ran into the house and posted in the lost and found section of Craigslist 'There's a blue parakeet in my backyard.  If your's, you've got out come ASAP!!!!!!!'

Saturday night was going to be in the 20s, temperature-wise, and I didn't dare hope that the little bird made it.
But make it he did.  (I later learned that the color of the nose indicates he's a she.)  Later on Sunday there was a big-ish snow storm, and again I was pleading with God, 'Please please please...'  

And the little bird was in the yard EVERY DAY THIS WEEK, even though the temperatures at night have gone into the teens.  

I'm still hoping to catch her, because I have a friend who has birds and is willing to give her a home.

Thus far, she's hanging with the sparrows I feed, and they seem to accept her.

No comments:

Post a Comment