Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Lady's Letter-Writer: Letter XXIII

Letter XXIII
A female Servant to her Suitor

Elizabethport, Jan. 3rd, 18--

Dear...:-- I am very happy to receive your kind letter, and to hear that you are doing so well.  My mistress is so satisfied with me that she has increased my wages, besides making me a handsome present of clothes.  I am in hopes that, with care and economy, we may both save us something, and not start into married life, as many do, without a farthing to help us.

As my mistress kindly permits me to go out on Sunday afternoon, I shall hope to meet you as usual at .... , till when,

                                           I remain, 

                                              Your affectionate,

                                                    ........  ..........

To: ... .....

No comments:

Post a Comment