Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mid-Century Modern

at its Mid-Century Modern-est!

 Ferris wheel bowl thingie by Georges Briard
Most often one finds tumblers and trays designed by Mr. Briard (nee Jascha Brojdo).  His other output, while sizeable, is much harder to find.

I got this on Friday, where I was set up at Collingswood Flea Market, which - at least that day -- was the site of more trash, junk and garbage than I've ever seen in one place, and that includes Perkie*, which is saying something.  I had the good fortune to be set up next to a really nice guy who was one of the few whose table offered only the good, the interesting and the valuable.  I bought this from him.
*i.e. Perkiomenville Flea Market and Auction.  Acres of junk and trash, under which is even MORE junk and trash, but under that tier of junk and trash now and then you can find something you can make big money on.

1 comment: