Saturday, August 8, 2026

Latest advertising ashtrays !!

A couple months ago I got three at the same place.

I love to find more than one at a time.

Anyhoo, on to what you came for:

                                          A. J. Bayless - "Your Home Town Grocer"

According to the 'net, A. J. Bayless Markets were in all over Arizona from 1930 until the early Eighties.

I'm wondering how an ashtray from a supermarket in Arizona ended up in a flea market in New Jersey.

=====================================================================

                                   L. J. Darms Agency - Larry Darms, Jack Darms

                                                 Insurance - Real Estate

Here's what the office looked like, sort of, from Google street view:


========================================================================
 
                                           The Forum Restaurant - Paramus, NJ
 

The 'net refers to this place as 'The Forum Diner,' (which had the same address, i.e. Route 4).

It ran from 1967 to 2007, and hosted an area famous mob arrest in 1974.

=====================================================================

Sometime this month amma count how many advertising ashtrays I have. 

Can't wait to let you know the total. 

No comments:

Post a Comment