Tuesday, November 1, 2022

The Tuesday Song of the Week

Sorry I haven't kept up with this.  Busy with lotsa other stuff.

Anywhoo, this month marks the 100th anniversary of the discovery of King Tut's tomb.

Thus and therefore...

'King Tut' - Steve Martin

At the time, the King Tut's treasures were traveling museums in the US, and suddenly all things Tut were everywhere. 

The Monday after the above performance, all 1000 or so students of Lincoln High School had nothing else to talk about other than Steve Martin doing 'King Tut.' 

I've always had the idea to write a short story entitled 'The Monday After Tut.'   

Fun fact: years later, during my acting career, I met the guy who'd built the scenery for the above. 

Funner fact: My 9th grade history class went down to DC to see the Tut treasures. It was VERY cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment