Wednesday, November 9, 2022

The Star Made Me Buy It

 Another Ginny Simms ad, this one for Cashmere Bouquet's Beau Cake makeup

With a make-up sponge right in the case!

I vividly remember Cashmere Bouquet soap appearing in my childhood bathroom now and then.  

I was very surprised to find out it's not made anymore, although if I really think about it, I haven't seen it in stores lately.  

Here's a neato history of Cashmere Bouquet:

 https://www.brandlandusa.com/2008/12/10/history-of-colgates-cashmere-bouquet/

The article mentions Irish Spring, which I have always hated.  The smell is waaayyyy to strong, and chemical smelling.  Initially that was the soap of choice for my college boyfriend, but when he kissed me, I would get a rash on my face from it.   Even though it had been rinsed off his face hours before.

No comments:

Post a Comment