Thursday, November 25, 2021

There are patterns

In my sewing pattern shop!

A few months back, I was the lucky recipient of a whole box of patterns, 50 or so, most of which were uncut.  

As you saw with the Dynasty patterns, which came from elsewhere, and all four of which are uncut.  

Whoo hoo!

OK, now see some more.  Note that the sizes shown are VINTAGE sizes.  They translate either to a contemporary size 4 or size 0/2:

A non-embarrassing maternity pattern.

Back in the day, a lot of maternity fashions looked like clown clothes, or strange styles that made the woman looked like an oversized, over-age baby. 

The version above wear the woman is wearing matching top and pants could be worn today, and be perfectly stylish, and attractive. 

This pattern's not uncut, but like all the patterns in my shop, it's complete and in good usable condition.

===================================================================== 

This one's really neat, because it makes pretty much everything I wore in high school.

I recall having had a jumpsuit, which a) never quite fit right because I have a long torso, and b) the buttons were always falling off of it.  Literally, not a week would go by that I didn't have to sewn back on a button or three.  That was my very last jumpsuit. 

This pattern is also not uncut, but perfectly complete and usable. 

======================================================================

I wish I knew how to sew, and I wish I was a size 4, because I would be all over this pattern.

I'm also long-waisted, so it's really hard for me to find a dress where the waist doesn't fall four inches above my actual waist.  If I'd lived in the 1940s - The Golden Age of Short-Waisted Dresses - I'd probably have had to go around dressed in a very large paper sack.  

 ======================================================================

This one's uncut, and in three sizes, which translate approximately to contemporary sizes 8 through 12.  

I love the look on the left.  The look on the right reminds me of what gals in the human resources department would wear.  

=======================================================================

Another uncut pattern, and we're back to contemporary size 4.

This is the only pattern in my shop - or was ever in my shop - that's recommended/required for knits.

Personally, I hate knits, and if I scored a huge haul of patterns, the ones for knits always ended up in my recycling bin.  But I thought what this pattern makes to be not too offensive to my sensibilities.  
=======================================================================

That's it for today.  More coming soon.

BTW, some keywords for your interest and edification: vintage sewing patterns

See more, get more here:

 www.etsy.com/shop/PurtyPatterns

No comments:

Post a Comment