Tuesday, November 23, 2021

A loss

A week or two after I started this blog in June of 2010, there's a post about a kitten I got from a neighbor, who rescued her from the titanic mess that was my other neighbor's backyard.  He found her with a vine wrapped around her neck, and screaming her tiny little head off.

 I named her Ivy, later Ivy Spivington (because she thought being called 'Ivy Spivey' all the time was just silly.)

She grew up to be quite the beauty.

Alas, my beautiful girl started losing weight over the last few weeks, and getting lethargic.  I took her to the vet with the idea that it might be diabetes, which I dreaded, because I had a diabetic cat years ago, and it was quite a challenge, but at least at that time, insulin could be had for about $80 a vial.  Unlike today.  

It turned out to be issues with her kidneys.  That appointment was two weeks ago.  She crossed the Rainbow Bridge yesterday, and is now in her home in Kitty Heaven.

Here's the first pic I have of her

Wasn't she cute?.  

Above is a pic of the IvyMeter©, which was used to determine room temperature.  The day I took the photo, it was in the 90s with high humidity.    

No comments:

Post a Comment