Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Lady's Letter Writer: Letter XX

Letter XX
More Serious
 (this is another version of last week's letter - After a Misunderstanding)

July 23rd, 18--

Dear Sir:-- This attempt you make to excuse your conduct is neither straightforward nor satisfactory.  It is, in fact, only exculplating yourself by admitting a fault as great as the one of which I complain (here state particulars).  Under these circumstances, whatever pain it may cause me, I must avow my determination never, under any consideration, to admit of your addresses, feeling persuaded that the consequences would not be favorable to the happiness of either.  

                                                 I remain, sir,
                                                         
                                                         Your obedient servant, 

                                                         .....  ...........




No comments:

Post a Comment