Tuesday, October 28, 2014

antiquarian books !

I'm getting rid of some of my hub'ses books, plus some I found here and also there.


The above I found on somewhere on a thrift run.  I've always thought that Edith Piaf was France's answer to Judy Garland.



A GREAT book on the Mexican revolution with equally great photos.
True fact: my grandfather, who was in the Army, went into Mexico around 1912 to (according to the photo I have of his unit) engage in knocking heads.


Now this is something special!
First edition, SIGNED by the author, Gifford Pinchot, and heavily illustrated.

Mr. Pinchot was the very first Chief of the US Forest Service AND he was governor of Pennsylvania twice.  Somehow he found time to travel the South Seas and right this VERY interesting book.

No comments:

Post a Comment