Saturday, November 9, 2013

latest ashtrays

These aren't the latest I've found, they're just the latest I've photographed.  A couple of them have been hanging around for awhile.

First up, Atlantic City's famous Club Harlem, which offered a 'Complete Sepia Floor Show.'

Next, Philadelphia's Ace Employment Service, where members of the sepia floor show would go when their showbiz careers were behind them.  

From Wildwood, NJ's Thunderbird Inn.  Back in the day, this was considered a fancy place to stay on vacation, at least among rowhouse denizens of the City of Bothersome Love.

Around 2005 (or was it 2006?) I was considering leaving the City of Bothersome Love to move upstate, mainly because my nextdoor neighbor was driving me insane.

One of the properties I looked at - a historic mansion dealie with tons and tons of space --was right near the Yuengling brewery.  

I'm still here, the neighbor is gone.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been a smoker but I love old ashtrays like these. I always look at them when I thrift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a non-smoker as well -- always have been -- but these really appeal to me. Now if I could just figure out how to mount them on the wall...

    ReplyDelete