Tuesday, September 24, 2024

The Star Made Me Buy It

 Today's TSMMBI has somebody we haven't had before:

                                           Anne Baxter for Chesterfield cigarettes

I remember her mainly from The Ten Commandments, and little bits here, and little bits there, including playing Marcus Welby's lady friend.  .The movie mentioned in the above ad is something called You're My Everything, came out in 1949. 

I know she's mainly known for All About Eve, which is the talkiest movie I've ever seen.  

Nevertheless, she was sorta appealing.  Maybe sometime TCM will have her during the August 'Summer Under the Stars' dealie. 

True fact: She was Frank Lloyd's Wright's granddaughter. Speaking of whom, he appeared as the mystery guest on a What's My Line episode in 1956.  He came off as SUPER arrogant.  

You can find it on YouTube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment