Monday, December 4, 2023

Tickets, please

I've always been a fan of one-man plays.

I've seen only one one-woman play, which I kinda didn't like, mainly because I've seen so many people in my acting career who coulda been way more appealing than they woman they cast. She wasn't terrible, but you could tell she was acting.  Which is the definition of someone who isn't a competent actor/actress.

Anyway, on to what you came for:

This was Robert Morse playing the role he got a Tony for, i.e. playing Truman Capote. 

Truman Capote is somebody I always felt a little sorry for.  He was a big talent, but he shot himself in the foot sooo many times, plus all the alcohol, plus he did some really foolish things, like making Lee Radziwill believe she could be a stage star, even though she had zero acting experience, and maybe ten minutes training.  .  

No comments:

Post a Comment