Tuesday, May 9, 2023

The Tuesday Song of the Week

Something neato from Ella...

'Satin Doll' - Ella Fitzgerald

When I was a kid, I thought her name was 'Elephants Gerald.'

I sing this song a LOT in my in-car one person concerts. Last Sunday (or maybe it was Saturday) the hubbage and I were visiting one of our neighbors, and we got talking about music.  The male half of the neighbor couple jams/sings with some friends of his.  My hubbage insisted I vocalize for them, so I sang my version of 'Satin Doll,' (which is way less embroidered than Ella's version), followed by my version of 'Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets,' only I changed the Lola to my name, which also has two syllables.

They were extremely bowled over - or they at least pretended to be -, and the female half of the couple was all, 'YOU GOTTA GET TOGETHER WITH THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' them being the guys her hubs jams/sings with.

We'll see what transpires.

No comments:

Post a Comment