Friday, May 20, 2022

Bests and Worsts

A new series on my fantastic opinions!

I now live in Cape May County, NJ, having fled Philly in 2016, and I have lots and lots of opinions.

So let's begin with one of my favorite things to have an opinion about: bakeries.

 Best bakery

Blue Dolfin Sweets,  228 U.S. 9, Marmora, NJ 08223

Everything I've had from this place is sooooooooooooooooooo delicious.  And the guy who runs it is very friendly, and free with the free samples. 

========================================================================

 Worst bakery

Ward's Pastry, 730 Asbury Ave, Ocean City, NJ 08226

Everything I've bought from Ward's tasted somewhat stale. 

Which begs the question, Why would I go back? Well, they've been in business since dinosaurs roamed the earth, so I would always assume I got a bad batch.  But - ha! - they'll see me no more.  (Which they haven't since 2018.)   Worst of the worst: their cookies, which -  ay caramba -  could be used for skeet shooting.

UPDATE September 3, 2022: Ward's Pastry is closing down.  Not sure if this post killed them, or if the just got tired and decided to pull the plug.

======================================================================

The bakery that did my wedding cake was The Cake Lady of Marmora.  That cake was the best wedding cake I had EVER tasted.  Alas, the Cake Lady was rather elderly, and her place closed a few years later.  

Note that all of the above are the opinions of this blogger, and not blogger.com or whatevs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment