Saturday, December 25, 2021

for the curmudgeonly and/or the hater of Christmas

 I've stated more than once on this blog about how much I like Christmas.

Which is not at all.

This brings us to a poem I wrote, and read to a poetry group a few Decembers ago, with the caveat, 'You probably won't like this but...'  

Anyway, here 'tis.

Enjoy.

or not.

 Xmas

If you’ll excuse the term,
and pardon my French,
It’s all happy horseshit,
and homie don’t play that.

 ✶

Give me my Hallmark moments,
Give me a Kodak time of my life,
Give me a break.

Bring out the Ipod,
failing that, earplugs.
The only protection against
Breathy songstresses
and their annual public assault,
raising my hackles with.  
Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart
and
All I Want for Christmas Is
NOT you,
but
an honest admission
that this
has nothing to do with
peace on earth, goodwill toward men
but rather a once yearly
nation-wide hemorrhage
of money.
cloaked in the warm freakin’ fuzzies.

Copyright 2019 The Full-Service Bohemian

No comments:

Post a Comment