Wednesday, October 26, 2016

huh ?

I'm very busy these days working to sell and/or get rid of a TON of vintage clothing that I've accumulated over the years.

Including... 
this once lovely 1940s rayon dress.
That's once lovely.  Not lovely no more.  


Especially lovely lace bodice


That was then. This is now.


further down


even further down

I listed it on eBay, because I figured it would move.  Opening bid: $3.00 

Surely someone would pay $3.00, if only to take off the lace still intact.

It got a bid immediately, and soon went up to...

wait for it...

and wait...

and wait some more...

$6.50

And so it was going to sell for double the opening bid.  Nice.  Considering what a rag it is. 

but imagine my astonishment when I checked what it finally sold for.

It went for...

wait for it...

wait...

wait some more...

...

...

$57.90

No comments:

Post a Comment