Thursday, March 28, 2013

Get dressed again!

 MORE awesomely awesome vintage dresses.

rockabilly on 5th Avenue!  
In shiny silky synthetic

MORE silk, in wiggle dress form.
Note the adorable little bows on the skirt.


Beautifully blouson, and amazingly non-hideous, considering it's from the 1970s.
 

 World's Most Beautiful Circa 1980 Secretary Dress, now in captivity!!

Who doesn't love Lucy?
The above is not a Lucy-era dress.  It's from the early 1980s, when this look was slightly popular.  I had a dress or two somewhat like this, which I would wear to my summer job at The Dry Goods, which is a long-gone discount department store.  (It was a satellite of the original Wilmington Dry Goods, info on which is all over the 'net.)  Being the class act that I was, they stuck me in the Designer department, where we were selling actual high-end designer stuff.  One of the things I remember most vividly about that summer was ironing what I was going to wear, while watching some video show that ran in the early mornings on Channel 29.

The other thing I remember about that summer is that somehow I became addicted to eating bagels with cream cheese, washed down with a vanilla milkshake.

No comments:

Post a Comment