Sunday, April 7, 2013

How was your



Easter?

Mine was GREAT.

Even though, 

a) I couldn't drag my husband out of bed to attend the sunrise service at Glen Foerd with me.

b) I didn't realize that my camera batteries were kaput, otherwise I'd have loads of neat things for you to see.

The great parts!

a) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sunrise service. And this year, I didn't get too teary.  Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who, when touched and/or moved, starts to cry.

b) The after-service breakfast at the Athenian Diner on Torresdale Avenue...  Whoever from my church goes to the sunrise service, we always follow it up with breakfast at this diner.  However, I'm fairly anti-breakfast -- even the word makes me cringe -- and most breakfast foods literally make me gag: eggs, bacon, sausage, and the most vile of all, scrapple.  Usually I order pancakes.  But in the last several months, I've really lost interest in the starchy things I used to love.   And I'd only taken maybe four bites of the pancakes before I was happily done with them. (Until that point, I didn't realize that I no longer had any interest in pancakes.)  The birds who hang out in my backyard got to enjoy the rest.    If I could only figure out what caused me to turn my back against starch, I'd bottle it and sell it.

 

1 comment:

  1. I never photograph anything when I am having a good time. I always forget. SO don't feel bad. The fact that you had a good time is more important.

    ReplyDelete