Tuesday, September 29, 2026

September 2026's Second Haul of Antiques and Untiques

More marvelous marvels for this very nice day, which is the first very nice day after several days of a scary-ish Nor'easter.

Wanna see?

First up, we have History's Coolest Music-Theme Brooch:

        Rather huge, measuring more than 3" wide and more than 3" high.  Signed AJC.

=====================================================================

Let's go to Hawaii !!

 
                                               In a Ui-Maikai muu muu  !!
=========================================================================

Now here's something VERY unique and special, to wit...

                                             brass and carnelian frog figurine

Me love frogs and turtles.

Two brief frog stories from my life:

I used to have two wicker herons on my porch.  There was a recessed thingie on their backs, where you could put a planter.

On day I was out on the porch, and I noticed in one of the planters was this tiny - like 1" or so tiny - frog.  

                                            not my tiny frog, but about the same size.

The planter was about three feet from the ground, so I had zero idea how this tiny frog managed to get in there.  

My other frog story is not much of a story, although I remember it fondly.

In Stokes State Park, up in Sussex County, NJ, there's a spot where there are two taps out of which comes spring water.

FREE spring water.

I have a case at an antiques co-op in Branchville (Ole Church Antiques.  Mine is the case that faces the door.  MUST SEE. Plus I have one in the basement of the shop.  MUST FIND.) 

Anyway, after I go there, and put stuff in my cases, and collect my sales $$$$$, I go to Stokes to get water.

One day I was filling up my bottles (my bottles are used 48 ounce glass kombucha bottles, not those ginormous plastic thingies.  Glass is waaaayyyyy healthier than plastic.),

While I was doing my thing, out from the rocks comes hopping a very attractive, very green frog.   

 =======================================================================

                                   The World's Most Beautiful Nippon Pitcher

Could double as a planter !!.

======================================================================

                                                 hand carved wooden cat plaque

Christmas is coming, you know.

So is Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Festivus.

Any cat lover would LOVE this.

I say this as a cat lover.

=======================================================================

Let's mix it up !!

                         in Anchor Hocking Chanticleer pattern mixing bowls !!!

=======================================================================

Thus ends today's collection.

Until next time, see more, get more here:

AntiquesUntiques.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment