Tuesday, December 22, 2020

The Tuesday Song of the Week

 I haven't posted a TSotW for a few weeks now, but the TSotW is back.

This week's is kinda Philly-centric:

'You Can't Get to Heaven on the Frankford El' - The American Dream

BTW, did you know that all 358 Pet Valu stores in the US are closing?

And did you know that it's probably my fault?

Which is why today's TSotW is Frankford El-connected.

Back when I was in college, I had a part-time job at Martindale's Health Food store.  
Martindale's had been in business FOREVER by that time.
I think the main store was at 11th street.  The store I worked at was at 2nd street, on Head House square.

That was just setting up the clip.  

So one afternoon I was on the El going into town to my job at Martindale's on 2nd Street.
And I remember thinking. "I really like this job.'

But the minute I came through the door, the manager told me was that the store was scheduled to close in three weeks.

Martindale's had another store in NJ, either in Marlton, or maybe Merchantville.  Some place that started with the letter M.

Anyway, the store in either Marlton or Merchantville or wherever wasn't doing well, but they couldn't get out from under the lease there.  So the 2nd St. store would have to close.

So now it's all these years later, and I have a part-time job at Pet Valu, because I want some extra $$$ to help pay off my husband's car.

One Sunday back in October, I remember thinking 'I like this--  oops, I better not let this thought out, because last time...'

By then it was too late.  

The following Wednesday, word came down from on high that all the Pet Valus in the US were gonna close. 
My fault entirely.  

Going forward, amma either just remain self-employed.  And if I do pick up other work, I oughta make sure it'll be something I'm unlikely to ever like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment