Thursday, May 28, 2020

latest ashtray

I know that I have two or three more new additions to my vintage advertising ashtray collection, but they're are buried somewhere in my garage.

But this one I was able to dig out from one of my boxes of new finds.

Kaier's closed in 1968.

True fact: circa 2002-2007, I was planning to move to Schuylkill County, were Kaier's had been.  Even found a house in Coaldale, which I put a bid on.  The house needed a little work, but the front porch faced a mountain, so that made up for it.  Three days -- THREE DAYS -- before closing, my mortgage was yanked.  I could not believe it.  Then in the following Sunday Inquirer was an article about how homebuyers were suddenly getting their mortgages yanked, days before closing.

In retrospect, for a lot of reasons, I'm glad I didn't eventually move there.

No comments:

Post a Comment