Monday, May 27, 2019

My kitty crossed the Rainbow Bridge today



Tippy was always quite the... calico.  As in she -- like all calicos in multi-cat households -- appointed herself Lead Cat.

We were together through thick and VERY thin: a year or so after I adopted her, I was this () far from living in my car.  If she and the rest of the furmily hadn't needed me, I don't know where I'd be right now.  But more than likely not here.  They kept me going.

Her little body had been failing her over the last couple of months, until I finally had to realize the time had come for her to leave her furry dwelling and return to her Maker.

I do not believe that she is 'dead.'  The body she lived in is dead, true.  But she - her spirit, her personality, her comical streak -- are alive and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment