Thursday, November 15, 2018

Stuff I'm interested in

This is less 'Stuff I'm interested in' and more 'Stuff I remember and think about sometimes.'
Eons ago, in my teens and early 20s I worked a number of part-time retail jobs throughout Northeast Philly.

I rode buses and the El everywhere, since I didn't get a car until I was 25 or so.  

There was this old lady I'd see on the bus, and she would usually have her ID in full view, showing her name to be Olive Frankenstein.  Honest.  No lie.  

Was that her married name, and if so, what was her husband Mr. Frankenstein like?   Did she have any reservations changing her surname from her maiden name to Frankenstein?

Or was she an old maid, passed over because no one wanted to marry a Miss Frankenstein?

When did she die, and why is she not googlable?  

I think about Olive Frankenstein at least a couple times a year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment