Tuesday, August 13, 2013

the Tuesday Song of the Week

I assumed I'd have lotsa material for the blog between Tuesdays, but that didn't happen this week because a) I have a huge-ish editing job to finish (yes, the Full Service Bohemian also works as an editor!  For books and stuff!!), and b) I was doing houseworky-related stuff.  

So anyway, the song:
'Route National 7,' sung by the one, the only Charles Trenet.

What's neat about this song is that it starts very slowly, with that icky lullaby keyboard thingie (ecch) but by the end, the horns are going completely insane, and Charlie is howling. 

There will be many more foreign Tuesday Songs of the Week, because a few years back, bored and horrified by the garbage I was hearing on the radio, I wanted to hear what vintage German/Italian/French/Other popular music sounded like.  I now have many gems in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment