Thursday, July 11, 2013

Another Goodwill Outlet trip

Last Tuesday I drove down to Delaware to pick up some laminate flooring my handyman is going to put down in my kitchen.

'Why go to Delaware,' you ask.  'I thought you lived in the City of Bothersome Love.'

Well, I do, but the City of Bothersome Love has an 8% sales tax, and Delaware charges no sales tax.  So a) I was saving about $30,

and b) I was going to get to see another Goodwill Outlet, which is about 10 minutes from the Home Depot where I bought the flooring. 

At first, I was kinda disappointed.  All I saw were clothes of the cheap and ugly variety, and books.  I did pick up one book, Norman Mailer's tome about Marilyn Monroe.  I figured that I could sell.  (It did.  Quickly.)

About 20 minutes after I came in, they changed over ALL the tables, and even though when the tables came back, they were still piled with clothes and books, but one of the tables had some fantastic vintage childrens books, like...



 OK, Alex and Me is not a children's book, and the Dick Van Dyke thing is a book with quotes from children.

I also found ten of these:
200 page ruled notebooks, never used.  There are few things that appeal to me (other than kittens) more than a fresh, unused notebook.   Coincidentally, these are from my alma mater.  

All of the above - the books and the notebooks - cost me a total of $12.50


2 comments:

  1. Most of the Goodwill stores in my area are not all that worthwhile. It's very rare -- unlike Salvation Army -- to find something old and unique and sellable in them. But the outlets!!! AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete