Thursday, August 16, 2012

tie-apalooza

Yesterday while traveling a flea market, which I went to solely to find a dealer buddy who buys vintage clothing from me (got a TON of 1970's clothes, many with their original tags, at an auction a week ago).

Dealer buddy was nowhere to be found.

But what I did find were TIES.

Bought six really cool ones, from this one guy.

Here's them:

Beetle Bailey in cotton!  This is OLD, probably late 1960's/early '70s, not one of those retro dealies from the 1990's.

Joe Cool in polyester and silk.  This is also an oldie, not one of the later Peanuts ties.

Stripes with jangled nerves by Perry Ellis.  Perry's ties are my second favorite line; my first is Rooster.

1990 Nicole Miller effort, which reminds me that I have a whole box of ticket stubs from movies I attended in the 1980's.  Gotta find that and do something with it.

We all love penguins!  

And the beach!  We love that, too.
 I pay the guy and returned to strolling the market, only to come upon a WHOLE BOX OF VINTAGE TIES.  The seller lady says I can have all the ties, plus the box, which is one of those plastic ones with the double attached lid, for... well, the amount is so small it's embarrassing.  She, too, is a tie collector, but she's getting rid of her collection.  She'll be there with more soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment