Monday, November 14, 2011

A lazy summer afternoon

circa 1890.

 The boy and I were doing our regular early Sunday morning flea market shopping when we came upon this... this... 

Sorry,  I'm plumb out of adjectives.  'Awesome' won't do it.  'Fantastic' - pfft.  'Marvelous' isn't even close.   None of the foregoing will do justice to this BIG folk painting.
(81 inches x 37 inches big.)


 Second to how MAGNIFAWESOTERRIFIBEAUTIGEOUS the painting is,
 is how surprised I was to get an incredible deal on it.

The vendor is somebody I see at just about all the local flea markets, and his stuff -- while usually cool and interesting -- is almost always priced at more than I'm willing to pay.
So either he was in a good mood, or didn't have much sleep, or decided that I'm deserving of special consideration, because...
when my hubs asked the price, the vendor answered 'Fifteen dollars.'

Although I was ready to faint, I'm still a businesslady, so I asked 'Is that your best?'

We got it for $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment