Friday, July 8, 2011

soaking up the sunshine

The boy and I had a whirlwind-ish Fourth of July weekend.  Saturday... um, I forgot what we did Saturday.  

Sunday we went to Longwood Gardens, which is a lovely 200-acre garden with 11,000 varieties of green stuff.  It's 35 miles outside of Philly.  If you're in the area, you should go.
We were walking in the meadow area, and the above tiny little bird came skittering out from the grass.  He wasn't the least bit afraid of us.  I had some bread in my tote bag (yes, I carry bread around.  sometimes)  and gave him a snack.

Monday we went to a barbecue at the home of one of the boy's work buddies.  I'm always a little uncomfortable when I'm new to a group of people who all know one another.  Happily, they went out of their way to make me comfortable, by almost completely ignoring me for 3 hours.

We got home in time for the fireworks show(s) you can see from my front porch.  This being the city, with a large male population that likes to explode things, one can view three distinct fireworks shows without leaving home. 

Boy had Tuesday off, so we went to Batsto Village in the Pine Barrens to soak up some more nature.  Wanna see some?

Wanna see some more?
Those are red-bellied turtles.  We also got a good gander of some hummingbirds at a hummingbird feeder.  If I see one hummingbird a year, that's a lot, but there were three or four buzzing back and forth to the feeder. 

 Wanna see one?

No comments:

Post a Comment