Friday, July 1, 2011

So it works!

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, dig this if you can:

Earlier this week I was at an auction, and one of the things they had were tons of inspirational books.

Now, I'm all about inspiration, having had horrible money and other problems circa 1999-2006, and I'm still dealing with certain ramifications thereof.

So I bought all the books.  I started reading one on Wednesday where the author wrote about what the Old Testament folks understood about the practice of blessing.  She went on to say that we should understand its value today, and bless people, things, situations, yada.

Pursuant to going out thrifting yesterday, I blessed the day and my undertakings, the people I saw, etc. etc. etc.

First stop, Salvation Army.  Here's what I found:

circa 1910 sterling silver meshed purse.

and then this, an early 1920's deco beaded purse from France.


And last, but not least, a heavily beaded purse from the 1960's.


What they cost together was less than what two Big Macs would run you.

No comments:

Post a Comment