Monday, July 12, 2010

girls just wanna have...

two-tone hot pink shoes from the 1980's!

I can totally see someone wearing these at one of the weddings I used to attend back then. (In addition to boyfriends, I had a lot of male non-boyfriend friends, and whenever one of them was invited to a wedding 'and guest,' I would often fulfill the guest role.)

These would have been worn with an above knee-length dress with a dropped waist enhanced with a sash, and a poufy skirt below.  Color would have been black or an eye-searing pink. 

To complete the look, the wearer would also have had about six pounds of spiral permed hair growing out of her head, moussed up to the high heavens. 


One of the weddings I remember best was one where the groom was a truck driver and the bride a lawyer.  ALL of the bridesmaids were either lawyers or law students, and ALL of their hubbies/boyfriends were truck drivers, or steam fitters, or roofers.  This also extended to the guests, with the sole exception of the guy I came with (banker) and me (full service bohemian), and another couple at our table where the woman was a lawyer and her companion was a proctologist.  I will always remember the proctologist, because at some time during the reception, the conversation turned to restaurants, and he described one as being 'pricey, but not psychotic.'  

No comments:

Post a Comment