Tuesday, April 2, 2024

The Tuesday Song of the Week

As promised from our last TSotW, today's TSotW is another cat-oriented tune, heard during a two-hour block of cat songs heard on World Cafe a couple weeks ago.  

So...

                                  'Plea from a Cat Named Virtue' - The Weakerthans

Speaking of cat songs, ever since I've had cats, I've made up songs for all my cats, including multiple songs per cat.

Some lyrics:

for Bunny, a thoroughly adorable little tabby I had years ago. 

"Bunnnny cat, my baby bunnnny cat,

she's such a honeyyyyy cat,

a honey cat,

she's my sweet bunnny cat,

my bunny cat.

She's just all that.

She's such a babyyyyyy cat,

a precious babyyyyy cat,

she's my sweet baby cat,

and she's all that,

a baby cat.

She's a darrrrling girl,

she makes me twist and twirl

she's my darrrling girl

my darling girl,

my baby cat.'

It goes on from there with another five stanzas or so.  It has the same tune to a well-known song, alas I can't remember the title.   

No comments:

Post a Comment