Friday, February 16, 2024

Fun stuff

         I was googling my name the other day - as you do - and what popped up was this...

                                        That's a shot from when I was on Jeopardy!

I came in second.  At that time, second and third place players got a prize, unlike today, when second place gets $3,000, and third gets $2,000.  My prize was a week-long trip for two to San Francisco.  The prize, however, did not include airfare.

Until it did.  I was contacted a week or two after my appearance, and told that my airfare would be included.

I'm guessing this is what happened: I'm sure they review the tape of every episode, and it's likely that a question I was told I got wrong I actually got right.  And they have TONS of money, so giving me airfare was probably no big deal for them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment