Monday, January 29, 2024

latest addition to my advertising ashtray collection

I thought it was wild when I found an advertising ashtray from a funeral home.

Now I have two.

I thought it was nuts when I found an advertising ashtray from a church.

Now I have two.

Today's entry is a real rarity:

                                                           B & S Garbage Collectors

nonGoogleable.

As long as I can remember trash and garbage collection was the business of the local city government.  In Philly, which I used to occupy, there's the Department of Sanitation that does it.  Where I live now, the Department of Works does it.  

In both places it's a free service, and as near as I can tell, always has been.  

Wish I knew how it was done in Blairstown, NJ back in the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment