Friday, November 3, 2023

Mug of the Month

William Blake is in the house!!

If you don't know who he was, which I kinda find hard to believe, he was the guy who wrote the famous poem 'The Tyger.'

'Tyger tyger burning bright ...'

And so on.  The whole poem is very googleable.  

Meet me some time, and listen to me rattle off four of five of his poems! 

On to what you came for:

The mug is printed with a painting Mr. Blake did in memory of a comet he witnessed in 1811.

A comet with a face!

OK, I know this looks terrible, but that's because I messed it up when I cut and pasted the image of the mug for this here post.  The mug is just as beautiful in person as it is in the full view.  

Get it here: www.zazzle.com/comet_painting_print_coffee_mug-256223383763284417

 You can learn lots more about my favorite poet here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment