Saturday, March 11, 2023

Bests and Worsts part II

I started my bests and worsts last year, with bakeries.

Now I'll rate something dear to my heart, to wit: health food stores.

Best Health Food Store

Haar's Health Food, 1437 S. Delsea Drive (i.e. Route 47), Vineland, NJ 08360

Oh, how I love this place.  In addition to having health food and supplements and such for EVERY purpose, they also have a huge line of imported European sweets.  Including, but not limited to, cat tongues chocolates. Something I've never heard of.  The idea is they look remotely like cats' tongues.  No cats harmed in the process.  THEY"RE JUST CHOCOLATES.  

Plus they have some regular-ish food.

And more than that.  The place is really a must-see.

======================================================================

Worst Health Food Store

In all my years on the planet, one thing I've noticed is that health food stores NEVER seem to go out of business.

This is about one that did, four or so years ago, after being in business for a gajillion years, i.e. Harry's Natural Foods, which was at 1805 Cottman Ave., in NE Philly.

It wasn't actually bad for all the reasons you'd expect.

But as time went by, the place got dirtier, and dirtier and dirtier.  Like the last time the store had been thoroughly cleaned was sometimes during the Nixon administration.  

I'd go in once in awhile to get this, that or the other, and be so turned off by the grime, that I'd make a quick exit.  Even though they were fully stocked with all of your basic health food everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment