Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The Tuesday Song of the Week

This Tuesday Song of the Week relates to the only two death threats I ever received.

THAT got your attention, am I right?

The song has nothing specific to do with the death threats, however.

Enjoy.
'Roll to Me' - Del Amitri

I had the CD this song came from.

I put it on eBay in 1998 or so.

At the time, I did not accept PayPal (and PayPal was not required like it is today.  Which stinks, but that's another topic entirely).

Some guy from Italy bid on it.

When he was awarded the high bid, I emailed him to day he could pay via international money order, US dollars.  

He didn't want to do that.  He wanted to pay via PayPal.  

Nothing doing.  Why should I have paid MORE in fees to sell something I only got $10 or so dollars for?

Well, he was P*SSED.  And threatened that if I didn't accept his PayPal payment, my days were numbered.  

I passed this threat on to eBay, but they did less than nothing, basically telling me it was my problem, and eBay is not responsible for eBay users killing other eBay users.

Fortunately for me, he didn't buy a ticket from Alitalia direct to the City of Bothersome Love.  Probably ended up getting the CD from some PayPal victim.

Death Threat the Second:

Another aggrieved eBay customer, this one in Australia.  

I had an old book about rare medical oddities.  The book was kinda skeevy, but it was the rare first edition, and Mr. Down Under wanted it, and wanted to pay via PayPal.  

I told him nothing doing.  Send me an international money order, US dollars, thank you.

Then he threatened to kill me, and issued more details about how he would do it - strangulation, I believe - than the Italian guy did.  

Again, I contacted eBay and again what I got was: 'Not our problem.'  

Obviously, he never made good on his threat, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this.  

All these years later all I can think is...
What is WRONG with people???????

No comments:

Post a Comment