Saturday, April 14, 2012

How was your Easter?

I know I'm a week late, except for those of you of the Orthodox faith, who would consider me a day early.

There were about a hundred people at the sunrise service held at the Glen Foerd estate, just like there were last year.  However, unlike last year, I wore what was appropriate for an outdoor service which begun at 6:30 a.m. (i.e. jeans, sweater, jacket, duck shoes)  and saved my Easter finery for church later.

Here are some photos of the mansion that you didn't get last year.


 You can tour the grounds, which are thoroughly gorgeous, just about any old time from dawn through dusk.  

There are loads of different trees and stuff like that.  So enjoy the trees and the roses and all, but DON'T miss the number one attraction!

That's Little Ugly, much loved family pet, rendered in iron.


Here's another handsome critter, who graces what was once the carriage house:


If you'd like to take a peek inside the mansion, which I heartily recommend,  tours are generally held on Wednesdays.  Here's the site for more info: 

http://www.glenfoerd.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment