Friday, October 7, 2011

It's all an act

Other than my work as a standardized patient, (i.e. playing sick for money*), I haven't done much to share my acting skills with the world in the past few years.

Until I landed a gig in this indie movie, Bucks County (later titled The Bucks County Massacre), in which I play the distraught parent of a son who was killed by a mysterious whatsis.

If Blair Witch ripoffs are up your alley, and/or you like movies where characters drop the F-bomb several times per second, and/or if you wish to see my tragically moving scene (nailed on the first take, thank you very much) give it a look.

http://www.buckscountymovie.com/

*You may remember the Seinfeld ep when Kramer and Mickie got jobs at a medical school (or was it a hospital?) playing patients.  That's what I do.  The program is Clinical Skills, and is intended to teach the students how to ask questions, how to behave with a patient, demeanor, etc. etc. etc.  So far, I've played patients suffering back pain,  patients stuffering crippling dizziness, patients with diabetes or eczema, or bad gallbladder.

It beats being chained to a desk in a cube farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment