Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shut Up and Deal

As stated in my profile, I'm an antiques dealer.  I deal in antiques.  

Well, that's what I tell people.  There's really no commonly understood job name for somebody who, in addition to antiques, sells old stuff which may or may not meet the strictest definition of 'antique.'  'Junk dealer' is one, I guess, but I but can't bear to think of my stuff that way.    

The only distinctions I make are a) old stuff I like personally, and b) old stuff I don't particularly like personally, but know I can get a lot of money for.  

In that first category, may I direct your attention to the item above.

Now, be honest: is it or is it not the most darling thing thing you've ever seen in your entire life?

Because I try to stay with things I like personally, it's really immaterial if they sell or not, because they look so nice around the house. 

Something like this little tray makes me smile every time I look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment