Wednesday, June 3, 2015

your Daily Double or GET THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday.  I claim busy-ness.

Anywhoo...
An ad for a dress sale in Gimbel's bargain basement, Philadelphia.
I sooooo miss all those wonderful downtown department stores: Gimbel's, Lit Brothers, Strawbridge's (aka Strawbridge & Clothier), Franklin Simon, and - most of all -- that divine temple of commerce, John Wanamaker's.  I could go on and on about Wanamaker's, but I won't, because a) my time is precious, and b) I don't wanna start to cry.  

Anyway, the above image is available on cards, decals, tshirts, tote bags, and some more important stuffs.    Go to  www.zazzle.com/the_olden_eye?rf=238225004668148127 and in the 'search this store' box, enter Gimbels subway.'  If you enter just 'Gimbels' you'll also see some maaahvelous circa 1907 ads, also available to grace must-have stuff.


Hand me a pen.
I surprised me how many pen ads appear in old magazines, when today, you'll find almost none, other than what you might see in a Staples circular.  The above appears on throw pillows, notebooks (what cooler cover for a diary or journal could you possibly come up with???), clocks, decals, gift wrap, tshirts, neckties, mugs, tote bags and MORE MORE MORE.  Go to  www.zazzle.com/the_olden_eye?rf=238225004668148127 and in the 'search this store' box, enter 'hand'

No comments:

Post a Comment